Sunday, January 22, 2012

WK 4 - DP - Nut Crusted Salmon

I have to say that the Salmon came out perfectly cooked. My only mistake was either my Cayenne Pepper or Cumin, or combination of was a little to strong.


Yield: 10 servings (1 5/8 cups)
Ingredients:
½ cup Cashews, toasted and ground
½ cup Pistachio Nuts, toasted and ground
5/8 cup Pumpkin Seeds, toasted and ground
1/8 cup Honey-roasted Peanuts, ground
1/16 cup Cumin, toasted
1/16 cup Coriander, toasted
1/16 cup Curry Powder, toasted
1/8 cup Sugar
1/16 cup Cayenne Pepper
Method:
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
Coat the salmon (or fish of your choice) with olive oil. Then coat with the nut crust. Bake in 350ยบ F oven for 20 minutes.
Previously frozen Wild Sockeye Salmon on sale for $6.99 Lb at Whole Foods.
I used my new Food Processor at my first attempt at grinding the nuts.
Nut crusted salmon fresh out of the oven.

Salmon on a bed of some left over Indian Basmati Rice from the Geerly's Rice recipe last week.

The cashews that I used are Whole Food 365 Brand and are USDA Organic.

Continued with M&B Curry and since I could not find Cumin by them I got Whole Pantry instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment